Reiki Today: Addressing the Pandemic and the Threat of Regulation
With Pamela Miles
Hosted by Andrea Kennedy
As a Reiki Master internationally known for her pioneering work integrating Reiki into conventional medicine, Pamela addresses two of the most important aspects for us as Reiki practitioners: how the pandemic has impacted our Reiki practice and what we can do to protect our freedom to access, practice and teach Reiki from the regulation that threatens it. Can our diverse Reiki community come together to protect it? Let’s start by watching this inspiring interview and take some notes on how we can contribute!
- Coming together as a community: global self-practice sessions and their insights
- The Reiki initiations and expansion of our spiritual practice
- The need to educate people about the value of self-care
- We’re not practicing Reiki to fight COVID/cancer/illness: cultivating a balanced immune system and letting go of the war-like mentality
- The importance of bringing the concept of balance to the forefront
- Did you know that stress is creating an inflammatory condition in your body?
- Reiki communication skills as part of a Reiki professional training
- Communication as a pathway to bringing the benefits of Reiki practice to the mainstream public and to healthcare
- How would Reiki regulation affect you and what we can do to help keep Reiki practice unregulated
Reiki Master, Medical Reiki Expert and Author
Pamela Miles is an internationally renowned Reiki master and the foremost Medical Reiki pioneer, bringing the practice to conventional medicine in the 90s. Over the course of five decades of experience with spiritual practice, she’s collaborated on various projects with academic medical centers including Yale, Harvard, New York Presbyterian/Columbia, and the National Institutes of Health. Pamela has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals, including the preeminent Journal of the American College of Cardiology. She’s also brought her insight to corporate outlets such as Google and Unilever.
Pamela’s expertise in Reiki and integrative health has been featured in mainstream media including The Dr. Oz Show, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX, The Atlantic, Forbes, US News & World Report, New York Magazine, Allure, and Self. She is also the author of the award-winning REIKI: A Comprehensive Guide, the only Reiki book written for the mainstream public and healthcare professionals.