COVID Reflections and What’s Next for the Reiki Practitioner
With Kathie Lipinski
Hosted by Andrea Kennedy
With her nursing and Reiki background of nearly three decades, Kathie discusses how the pandemic is a real opportunity for transition and reinventing our Reiki practice. The way we practice and teach Reiki has changed; so watch the interview and find out the reflections and insights at this point in time for you as a Reiki practitioner. Also, you’ll be remembering who you are and how your gifts and talents are meant to be sent out into the universe through an amazing healing-guided meditation!
- Time to re-evaluate your practice: are we doing what we want to do?
- Astrology predictions about these last two years
- Accelerating our personal healing work: old coping mechanisms, repressed emotions, and unhealthy behaviors
- Is this mine or someone else’s? The challenges of being an empath and grief as the main emotion of the pandemic
- The link between addictions and not wanting to feel our feelings
- Releasing the pressure with the Clearing Out The Day technique
- The intelligence of Reiki and distant healing work
- In-person or distant attunements?
- The art of self-healing: the precepts, our own healing practice, and the act of touching
- Sending Reiki out to the day and asking for guidance
- Insights on what’s coming next for us as Reiki practitioners
- Experiencing the Sending Out Your Song meditation
You may find below the pdf file for the piece of research (an evaluation of a Reiki program for healthcare workers negatively impacted by the pandemic) from The Center for Reiki Research sponsored by Reiki Medic-Care, https://reikimedic-care.org/research.
Guided meditation – Sending out your song.
Kathie Lipinski RN, MSN, CH, is a Wholistic Nurse, Master Teacher of Usui/Tibetan Western Reiki, a Shihan Teacher of traditional Jikiden Reiki, a Certified Hypnotist and is Board Certified in Massage Therapy and Bodywork. Kathie has over twenty-nine (29) years’ experience working with and teaching Reiki and other mind-body healing modalities. With her nursing and Reiki background, she specializes in helping people prepare for surgery with Reiki and hypnosis/guided imagery.
Kathie’s extensive nursing career has taken her from Intensive Care to Diabetes Education and now Wholistic Nursing.
She currently has a private practice Healing from the Heart NY LLC, where she uses various modalities to help individuals identify and heal imbalances in their lives. She also trained with Brian Weiss in Past Life Regression Exploration.
Kathie was the founding president of the Long Island Reiki Connection, a non-profit organization of Reiki and Holistic practitioners. She has taught Reiki to more than 4000 people, lay people as well as health care professionals. She was an adjunct professor teaching Reiki for college credit in the Nurse Practitioner program at Stony Brook University and the College of New Rochelle. As part of the Innovations in Care Grant in 2011 and 2012, Kathie’s taught the staff at the VA Medical Center in Northport, NY. She most recently taught at the NY Presbyterian Hospital System in NY City since 2014.
Kathie is also a frequent speaker at various Reiki and Holistic Health Care conferences across the country including Reiki Rays of Hope in Cleveland, OH: The Mid-Atlantic Conference in Maryland, and the Celebration of Reiki conference in Boston, MA.
Some of her most popular topics have included “Reiki and PTSD”; “Making Reiki Real: What is Credible Reiki Practice?”; “Reiki and Mental Health”; “Teaching Reiki”; “Reiki Myths and Misconceptions”; and many more.
Kathie has written many articles on Reiki and is a frequent contributor to Reiki News Magazine. She is the co-author of the chapters “Reiki: Defining a Healing Practice for Nursing” and “Reiki, Nursing and Health Care” in the Nursing Clinics of North America Journal Winter 2020 edition on Complementary and Alternative Therapies.
You can reach Kathie via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org