Process of Succession in the Spiritual Lineage of Usui Shiki Ryoho
With Johannes Reindl
Hosted by Andrea Kennedy
After being acknowledged in 2019 by Phyllis Lei Furumoto as her successor and Lineage Bearer for Usui Shiki Ryoho, Johannes shares his Reiki journey and all the challenges he has faced on his path, starting with the very first Reiki class he took at the age of 17. We’ll unveil the process of succession in Usui Shiki Ryoho and every moment of this interview will be a blessing, being moved by the sincerity and deep personal sharing of Johannes!
- Why practicing Reiki at such a young age
- The commitment to honoring the Reiki gift
- Sacred role of the Reiki Masters in our healing journey
- The experience of being a Master candidate and Reiki student of the granddaughter of Mrs. Hawayo Takata
- The Succession Weekends – inviting the community to become part of the process of succession
- Explaining the terms of Lineage Bearer and Grandmaster
- March 15th, 2019 – reliving the day of succession
- What happened when the succession process ended?
- Growing the community: the Reiki self-treatment circle
- Taking further the legacy of Phyllis Furumoto
Join the Mailing list for Monday’s Self Treatment Circle here.
Grandmaster and Lineage Bearer Usui Shiki Ryoho
Johannes Reindl, has practiced Reiki since 1995 when he took his first degree class in his home country of Austria, at age 17. He has travelled the world since then taking part and assisting in Reiki and Aikido workshops offered by Usui Shiki Ryoho reiki masters and the Office of the Grandmaster (OGM). Johannes trained for mastery with Phyllis Furumoto and was initiated by her as a master in Kyoto, Japan in October 2017. Then in 2019 he was recognized by Phyllis as her successor in the spiritual lineage of Usui Shiki Ryoho.
This came unexpectedly to Johannes, despite having been an active participant in Phyllis’ Succession Core Team meetings. This team of Usui Shiki Ryoho masters and Second Degree students began meeting regularly in 2016 to explore all possibilities for Phyllis’ succession. Today, Johannes continues to work with this group believing “Succession is a process for the whole community”.
He lives in Linz, Austria where he offers Reiki treatments and classes, he is continuing Phyllis’ work with Reiki students across the globe.